When deciding on your virtual office solution, one of the toughest choices you’ll have to make is choosing your virtual office location. It might be an easy choice for those who are picking a local provider, or who want a location in a small town or a suburb where there aren’t too many choices. However, if you’re deciding among Los Angeles, New York City, Atlanta and Las Vegas, then it’s a bit more difficult. Here’s how to choose the virtual office location for you:
- Figure Out What You Want Out – Virtual office solutions can come with many different amenities, such as a virtual assistant, a business address, mail forwarding, meeting space, local number, a private office etc. Before figuring out a provider or a specific city or area, you need to know that you want and need in your virtual office solution. You might not need a virtual assistant, but you might want something that will accommodate more than one person. Make you list of must-haves, and then make a separate list of nice-to-haves.
- Narrow Down Your Options – There are literally tons of virtual office solutions found all over the country and all over the world. You can set up anywhere, so you want to narrow down your options to four or five locations that best suit your needs. Are your clients grouped in one city or region? Is there a market where you’d like a presence or a stronger presence? Do you have virtual employees in a certain location? All of those are factors to consider when narrowing down your options.
- Costs and Benefits – Although virtual offices are cheaper than traditional office solutions, a virtual office in downtown Chicago isn’t going to be the same price as one in Washington DC or its suburbs. This is a factor that needs to be considered on its own, as its not just a matter of virtual office pricing, but also a matter of lifestyle costs and benefits. How much would any additional business services cost? How much would it cost to take a client to lunch? Would it be easy for client to meet you at this virtual office location? Does the virtual offices have a prestigious professional address? These may be some of the deciding factors after narrowing your choices.
- Business Potential – It may sound great to have a virtual office in Las Vegas, but if your company doesn’t have much potential in that city or out west, then it’s not necessarily the best choice. If you’re making your virtual office choice based on where your company would have the best room for growth and the most potential to dominate, then you need to a location that can do that. For situations like these, a smaller town or city may not be the best. Sure, you can probably dominate the market in Wichita, Kansas, but do you want to do that? Where can you do from there? Would it really be great for the company to say that you have an office in Wichita. For virtual office locations, consider the future needs of the business as well as immediate needs.
- Find a Provider and Make a Choice – Most locations have multiple providers, and some providers have multiple locations within a city. So, you should now be fully aware of the virtual office solutions available to you, and should be ready to make a choice based on pricing, benefits, your list of must-haves and nice-to-haves etc. The last step is to find a virtual office provider who can deliver everything you need, and a few things you want, at the price you want and in a specific location that works for you (right down to the street address).