5 POWERFUL STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
By Lori Bruton
Everyone wants to be successful. Some people want to build a successful business and some want success and promotion on their job. There are also other areas people strive for success, such as in school, sports, parenting, relationships, and more. In whatever area you are seeking success, let me offer some strategies on how to get there.
- Look at people who are succeeding in the same area. Talk to them and find out what they did to accomplish that. On the flip side, it’s also important to talk to the people who have not succeeded and find out why. Asking questions will help you find your answers.
- Evaluate if what you are pursuing is realistic for you. For example, if you want to train dolphins or be a ballerina, but you are not physically capable of achieving that no matter how much training you do, then that would not be realistic. If you are not in your gifted area, no amount of practice will make perfect, as the saying goes. You will only be disappointed and frustrated. Know the difference between expectation and reality.
- Work in the areas of your strength and build on your strengths. Increase your skills in those areas. This will set you up for success. What are you already good at and enjoy doing? This will help you identify your strengths.
- You need passion for what you are doing. If you don’t, you may need to do something else, because you may be sucking the air out of yourself and everyone around you. Doing what you are passionate about gives you energy. You will jump out of bed every morning just to pursue your passion and dream. Even when you get tired, your passion will fuel you to keep going. This will create success.
- Develop a strategy to get from where you are to where you are going. Your daily agenda is your strategy. Be intentional and consistent in your daily activities. Even the smallest, consistent steps done over time will give you results. Pick 5 things you will do daily to achieve your success. Once you succeed, do not stop doing those 5 daily activities. For example, if you want to write and get a book published, what daily steps must you take to make that happen? One would be writing daily. If you have a product or service, which daily steps will get results and revenue?
Apply these strategies and start your journey to success. Live your dream and enjoy it.
Lori is a writer and virtual assistant serving small business owners with excellence. She has over 20 years of experience in administration, customer service, and medical and general transcription. She came out of her “corporate cube” to serve those who need help in areas ranging from social media, transcription, client care, and more. She truly cares about her clients and their businesses.