Office and Career Guide
By Nathan Strum
Finding a job or career can be a complicated journey. When you're looking for the right career, it's important to take note of the special skills and experience you might already have. If you feel that you have a knack for something, focus on that thing and try to become an expert or very good at what you do. When looking for a career, you should have a great résumé, which is a list of skills you have and jobs you have done, so potential employers will be able to decide if you're the right person for the job. Highlight your skills and make sure those employers know that they're choosing someone that they will be glad they hired. You can take career tests that are designed to make sure you pick out a job you know you'll enjoy that matches your skill set and fits your own personality. These tests can help point you in the right direction when you're searching for that perfect job. Make sure you know how to properly build your résumé so that employers have a full understanding of what you've done in the past as well as any skills you may have learned over time. It can also include your educational background and any awards you've earned. There are literally hundreds of different careers available out there, so check out some career lists to see which jobs might be the best for your skills and what you'll enjoy doing the most. Remember to stay positive when you're looking for that perfect job, and keep a good attitude. Soon enough, with a little hard work, you can have the job you've always dreamed of.
- Personality Profile Test – Take this personality test to help you find a good career fit that will match your personality type.
- Career Test – This online interactive test will help you to find out which career field would be best for you.
- Skills Profiler – The skills profiler helps you figure out which skills you have and enjoy and what types of careers would best suit you.
- Interest Profiler – Everyone has different interests, so this test will help you determine which career will have you doing the things you love.
- Careers By Interest – Use this guide to help you determine what career you would enjoy based on your own interests.
Building a Résumé
- Build Your Résumé – This page has some good questions and answers that relate to résumés, what they are, and how to create your own.
- Résumé Tips – Follow these helpful tips to make sure you submit the best résumé possible to get the career you want.
- What to Put in a Résumé – Use this guide to help you determine what kinds of information you should include in a résumé.
- The Purpose of a Résumé – This website has good advice on résumé writing and what the purpose of a résumé is.
- Sample Resumes – This page has plenty of different sample résumés to help guide you in creating your own.
Lists of Careers
- Career Guide – Here is a good list of basic careers to give you a good idea of what you'd like to do.
- The 100 Best Jobs – This list has 100 of the best jobs for people looking for a new or different career.
- A-Z List of Jobs – Here is an alphabetical list of jobs along with their descriptions.
- Careers by Category – Whether it is medical, science, hospitality, or some other field, you can browse jobs by category here.
- Career Exploration – Discover what jobs might be good for you based on your interests.
- Jobs Rated from Best to Worst – This list compiles common careers rated from best to worst.
- Kids Work – Check out this page to help you figure out which job will be the most interesting for you.
- Career List – This site lists main job categories along with the careers associated with them.
- Careers That Most College Kids Don't Know About – A Business Insider article looks at lesser-known job options.
- Career Aisle – This is a very comprehensive list of careers in just about every field imaginable.
- Could This Be Your Life? – Play this game to find out how different career paths can affect your life.
- Career Jeopardy! – This is a Jeopardy-like game that is completely related to careers and jobs.
- Career Town – Geared towards younger children, this interactive game relates to work, life, and jobs in the real world.
- Job Matching Game – Match the job titles to their definitions to see if you know which descriptions match the job titles!
- Color the Jobs – Nick Jr. offers this coloring game about different jobs people do.